AWP Conference 2016 Attendee Data
At last year’s conference, we collected feedback from all attendees to learn more about the AWP crowd. Here’s what we discovered…
Stakeholder roles of conference attendees
- 40% Owners
- 45% EPCs and construction / engineering contractors
- 15% Other (Technology Experts, Vendors and Suppliers, Researchers)
Self-perceived knowledge level of conference attendees
- 80% of respondents rate themselves as “knowledgeable” to “very knowledgeable” in AWP & WFP.
- 88% of respondents were referred to our conference via professional contacts (word-of-mouth and internal communications).
- 72% of respondents said they don’t typically attend conferences, or they attend just 1 or 2 per year (yet they chose to attend our conference).
- The majority of respondents (98%) said they would consider attending this conference again.
- The majority of respondents (96%) said they would refer a colleague to this conference.
Why do people choose to attend this conference?
Top four reasons for attending:
- Content matter
- Professional growth and development
- Networking opportunities
- Specific speakers and presentations
- Overall, this conference averaged a 4.3-out-of-5-star rating by our attendees.
- The vast majority of respondents (89%) agreed that the information gathered at the conference is directly translatable to their business.
Some attendee highlights
“Strong plenary sessions, good supplier and technology vendor representation, comfortable setting and great content!”
“People sharing experiences, stats and cost-savings areas, tools being used to solve implementation challenges.”
“Seeing and hearing the owner’s perspective, and what they’ve experienced while working through AWP implementation.”
“Panel presentations about implementing AWP, and current info about best practice progress in industry.”
- This year’s event will be the ninth conference of its kind since 2009, and the fourth time presented in Houston.
- Since 2009, this conference has attracted approximately 1600 attendees from all key industry stakeholder groups, many of which are decision-makers.
- Sponsors of this conference have access to representatives from leading firms responsible for multi-billion-dollar projects around the world.
- Owner input drives the conference, and year upon year, we strive to uphold the spirit of the event,which is a gathering of minds for the advancement of the best practices and growth of the body of knowledge.